Error message suddenly started appearing

greer

Post by greer »

We're getting this error message on all of our scripts which haven't changed for a couple of days and which were working fine earlier today. Any ideas as to why?

<!-- 2 [module]:113: Cannot open KDBF file /data/morph3/texis/testdb/SYSTABLES.tbl for writing: error 13: Permission denied in the function: () -->
<!-- 15 [module]:113: Probable corrupt KDBF file /data/morph3/texis/testdb/SYSTABLES.tbl: FDBF disabled, enable in texis.cnf only if known to be FDBF in the function: () -->
<!-- 0 [module]:113: Could not open SYSTABLES in the function: ddopen () -->
<!-- 0 [module]:113: Could not connect to /data/morph3/texis/testdb in the function: openntexis () -->
greer

Post by greer »

Further information:
I have done a kdbfchk on SYSTABLES and it reports that the file checks ok.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

`Permission denied' at the KDBF level indicates a file permission issue. Make sure everything in the database is owned and read/writable by the user you are running Texis as. This should be the owner of the /usr/local/morph3/bin/monitor file, which should be setuid to this (non-root) user as well, to ensure consistent ownership. morph3/bin/texis should be symlinked to monitor.

Have file permissions or ownerships on the database or morph3/bin/* changed recently? Has the user that the web server or other logins use to run Texis changed?
greer

Post by greer »

Thanks for the reply Kai. I think it's a problem on our ISP end. We've asked them to set up a third website on the server and it would appear something has gone wrong on their end. I've checked out your suggestions and everything seems fine from an installation point of view so we're trying to work with the ISP to sort out the problem.