timeouts in vortex

cpm18

timeouts in vortex

Post by cpm18 »

I wanted to ask about how vortex works in regards to connection timeout errors.

I've observed 2 different cases that can occur when a connection timeout error is sent but I want to determine if a 3rd case is possible.

1. Page is fetched, connection timeout error is returned but the fetch was stil successful and the full page html is there.

2. Page is fetched, connection timeout error is returned and nothing is returned on the fetch ($ret is empty)

I've only seen these 2 cases but is it possible for a 3rd case where some partial portion of the page html is returned? It is not the full html from the site but something is returned.

Knowing this would allow for improvements to error checking functionality for scripts. If the 3rd case does not occur, then its easy to determine whether the timeout was 'real' or 'fake' by checking what was returned.
Kai
Site Admin

timeouts in vortex

Post by Kai »

Yes, the third case can occur. When a connection timeout occurs, the <fetch> lib just processes and returns whatever it managed to read up to that point. It could be none, part or all of the page.

Same thing happens when most other resource limits are reached (e.g. max page size): whatever was read up to that point is processed and returned.