Two texis engines on one server

princegoyal91

Post by princegoyal91 »

Hi Team,

I need your help. We need to run two instances of search application on one server with different configuration.

Will that be possible to install two texis engines on one server. One would be using one apache web server and second would be using another.

Please let me know if that would be possible. Else kindly let me know if there is another solution for the same.

mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Could you describe your use case a little more? In the general case multiple webserver instances can all use the same texis installation.
princegoyal91

Post by princegoyal91 »

We have one search application running on one server. Now we need to run another search application with the different configuration. So two different urls for Search would open different search applications but from the same server.

The issues we will face is, it would not be possible to check-in the same modules for different applications having different configuration. Also our vortex front end scripts are stored at one path "/usr/local/apache/scripts/webinator" but if I compile the front-end scripts for the second search application, it would over write the first one.

I hope you understood what I am trying to ask.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

You can install the same version of Texis twice in different locations using the complete install procedure. Then the binaries will be configured to take modules from the installed locations. Just be sure to run the proper binary when checking in modules so they go the right database.

An alternative would be to set Texis' script root to something like
ScriptRoot = %DOCUMENT_ROOT%/../scripts
so that scripts reside in a place related to the web server instance but outside of the downloadable document tree. I don't think that would work when using modules though as all modules would still come from the same database.