Legal Licenses

skirsch

Legal Licenses

Post by skirsch »

We intend to install the Commercial version of Webinator on five servers. Three of these servers are strictly used for development while two of these are actually used in production. I spoke with someone at Thunderstone who said that under these conditions we would only need to purchase two licenses. I would like verification that this is indeed the case.
bart

Legal Licenses

Post by bart »

If the "dev" boxes are used to collect data that will eventually become public, then they will also need licenses. If they are only used to test new versions of your website before it's released then you'd only need the two.
jeuteneier

Legal Licenses

Post by jeuteneier »

I also have a development server(which consists of more than one box) and would like to have webinator on it. We are buying one license for our production server (again, which is composed of more than one box), so am I able to use that license for the dev server as well?

Thanx,
Justin
mark
Site Admin

Legal Licenses

Post by mark »

Same answer as before. You will need a license for each production machine though.
jeuteneier

Legal Licenses

Post by jeuteneier »

Well i guess that is where I am confused. Our production server consists of more than one actual box. Webinator will be installed on the box that houses the root, but as it spiders out among the links it will be travelling to other boxes to index. So do I need a license for each box that contains a linked file?
mark
Site Admin

Legal Licenses

Post by mark »

No, it sounded like you wanted to install it on both production boxes. You only need license for the machine it's installed on.