Perl DBD

MiniMe

Perl DBD

Post by MiniMe »

Okey dokey.. Ill go and hunt down 5.4.4 then.. thanks
MiniMe

Perl DBD

Post by MiniMe »

I recompiled perl with 5.4.4 and bincompat3=n. I reinstalled the DBI with version 1.18. Then I did a make clean on the DBD and did these steps.. The failures are getting less and less with each try. Any ideas on the test failures??

bash-2.04# perl Makefile.PL
Name "main::opt_o" used only once: possible typo at Makefile.PL line 39.

Configuring DBD::TEXIS ...

>>> Remember to actually *READ* the README file!
And re-read it if you have any problems.

Using DBI 1.18 installed in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/alpha-dec_osf/auto/DBI

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Using DBI 1.18 installed in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/alpha-dec_osf/auto/DBI
Writing Makefile for DBD::TEXIS

bash-2.04# make
mkdir ./blib
mkdir ./blib/lib
mkdir ./blib/lib/DBD
mkdir ./blib/arch
mkdir ./blib/arch/auto
mkdir ./blib/arch/auto/DBD
mkdir ./blib/arch/auto/DBD/TEXIS
mkdir ./blib/lib/auto
mkdir ./blib/lib/auto/DBD
mkdir ./blib/lib/auto/DBD/TEXIS
mkdir ./blib/man3
cp TEXIS.pm ./blib/lib/DBD/TEXIS.pm
/usr/bin/perl -p -e "s/~DRIVER~/TEXIS/g" < /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/alpha-dec_osf/auto/DBI/Driver.xst > TEXIS.xsi
/usr/bin/perl -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.004 -I/usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap /usr/local/lib/perl5/ExtUtils/typemap TEXIS.xs >TEXIS.tc && mv TEXIS.tc TEXIS.c
cc -c -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/alpha-dec_osf/auto/DBI -I/usr/local/morph3/api -std -D_INTRINSICS -D__LANGUAGE_C__ -O4 -DVERSION=\"0.93\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.93\" -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.004/CORE TEXIS.c
cc: Warning: /usr/local/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.004/CORE/handy.h, line 71: The redefinition of the macro "bool" conflicts with a current definition because the replacement lists differ. The redefinition is now in effect. (macroredef)
# define bool char
---------------^
cc: Warning: TEXIS.xs, line 92: The scalar variable "rc" is fetched but not initialized. And there may be other such fetches of this variable that have not been reported in this compilation. (uninit1)
if (SQL_ok(rc)) {
------------^
cc -c -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/alpha-dec_osf/auto/DBI -I/usr/local/morph3/api -std -D_INTRINSICS -D__LANGUAGE_C__ -O4 -DVERSION=\"0.93\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.93\" -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.004/CORE putil.c
cc: Warning: /usr/local/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.004/CORE/handy.h, line 71: The redefinition of the macro "bool" conflicts with a current definition because the replacement lists differ. The redefinition is now in effect. (macroredef)
# define bool char
---------------^
Running Mkbootstrap for DBD::TEXIS ()
chmod 644 TEXIS.bs
ar cr tmp.a TEXIS.o putil.o
: tmp.a
LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/local/morph3/api" ld -o ./blib/arch/auto/DBD/TEXIS/TEXIS.so -shared -expect_unresolved "*" -O4 -msym -s -L/usr/local/lib -all tmp.a -none -L/usr/local/morph3/api -ltexis -lcgilite -lntexis -lapi3
chmod 755 ./blib/arch/auto/DBD/TEXIS/TEXIS.so
cp TEXIS.bs ./blib/arch/auto/DBD/TEXIS/TEXIS.bs
chmod 644 ./blib/arch/auto/DBD/TEXIS/TEXIS.bs
Manifying ./blib/man3/DBD::TEXIS.3

bash-2.04# make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -I./blib/arch -I./blib/lib -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/alpha-dec_osf/5.004 -I/usr/local/lib/perl5 -e 'use Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
t/01base............ok
t/02simple..........ok
t/03dbatt...........ok
t/05meth............ok
t/09bind............ok
t/10set.............dubious
Test returned status 0 (wstat 139)
test program seems to have generated a core
DIED. FAILED tests 3-9
Failed 7/9 tests, 22.22% okay
Failed Test Status Wstat Total Fail Failed List of failed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
t/10set.t 0 139 9 7 77.78% 3-9
Failed 1/6 test scripts, 83.33% okay. 7/39 subtests failed, 82.05% okay.
*** Exit 2
Stop.
John
Site Admin

Perl DBD

Post by John »

Make sure that you are linking against the newest texis library. Some of the tests rely on having newer features in place.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software