Installing Texis

philip0

Installing Texis

Post by philip0 »

We upgraded one of our machines here to Red Hat 7 (2.4.6).
When I went to install our version of texis on that machine (3.0.948399121) I got error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.4
It seems that RedHat 7 has upgraded to libncurses.so.5
So, I created a symlink from libncurses.so.5 to libncurses.so.4 and the install went fine. Will texis have any other issues because of this ?
mark
Site Admin

Installing Texis

Post by mark »

philip0

Installing Texis

Post by philip0 »

Ok so here is what is has been happening.. when I had libncurses.so.5 to libncurses.so.4 I had some issues checking in modules.
The first module i checked in failed (signal 11) then when i tried again it said that an index was not in place and bailed out.

So, I removed texis and started to reinstall again with the ibncurses.so.4.2 in place and now i am getting an error when I run the install.. (see below)
Installing sample Vortex scripts into /usr/local/morph3/htdocs/thunderstone
tutorial
patent
Installing Webinator
INFO: 2 patches made
Creating initial empty Webinator database
200 Database created
000 Got signal 11 - quitting now
Compiling Webinator scripts

I then switched back to libncurses.so.5 again and had the same error. (maybe I just did not see it that first time I installed texis on this machine)

Have you ever had any issues installing texis version (3.0.948399121) on a Red Hat 7 (2.4.6)?
mark
Site Admin

Installing Texis

Post by mark »

Actually, that old version of Texis does have some problems running on 2.4 linux kernels (they changed the standard to darkness on us). You should contact your sales person about getting an update.