Post by dzinser »

Does Webinator work with Vignette v5.6?

Thanks,
Derek Zinser
John
Site Admin

Webinator and Vignette

Post by John »

The best solution with Vignette would be to use their Vignette Thunderstone Search Integration and the full Texis product.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
dzinser

Webinator and Vignette

Post by dzinser »

John,

Thanks for the information regarding using Webinator with Vignette v5.6. I am working for a non-profit organization where Vignette was donated to them, and purchasing the full Texis product might be hard to get approved.

Is there any way the free version of Webinator will work with Vignette?
bart

Webinator and Vignette

Post by bart »

The free version of Webinator will work in its normal manner in conjunction with your website. The tight coupling with Vignette will not be present though.
dzinser

Webinator and Vignette

Post by dzinser »

<"The tight coupling with Vignette will not be present ...">

Does this mean that only pages that have been cached will be searchable?

Thanks
John
Site Admin

Webinator and Vignette

Post by John »

The Webinator indexes the website by crawling it, so only those pages which are linked into the site when the crawl is done will be searchable.

Changing a document in Vignette will not automatically change the search index, rather you will need to wait till the site is reindexed. The reindex can either be manual or scheduled.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
carsten.harnisch1

Webinator and Vignette

Post by carsten.harnisch1 »

Hi,
I have a integration product for V/5 which does not need the AST package. Anywhere you still need the full texis product.
Just contact me for details or help.

Carsten
carsten.harnisch1@epost.de
dzinser

Webinator and Vignette

Post by dzinser »

Okay....I've installed Webinator, and experienced the same problems as everyone else that posted to Windows 2000 Installation Problems.

I've indexed my site, but the search page does nothing.
When I type in http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/texis.exe ... earch....I get a 404 page not found error.
If I open the search page file itself, it does nothing.

The webinator directory structure on my box doesn't even mimic the same structure in the installation guide.
My directory structure is the following:
c:\inetpubs\wwwroot\lonestarwings\ - The site
c:\inetpubs\wwwroot\webinator\ - Webinator installation directory
c:\inetpubs\wwwroot\scripts\ - where texis.exe is located

1. Have I installed everything in its correct place? 2. Where is texis.exe supposed to be installed?
3. What else am I doing wrong to cause the search page either not display anything or not found at all
John
Site Admin

Webinator and Vignette

Post by John »

On a typical IIS install texis.exe would be in c:\inetpub\scripts. It needs to be in a directory that supports Execute Permissions: Scripts and Executables.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
ejenkins

Webinator and Vignette

Post by ejenkins »

Webinator does work with a Vignette CDS, however, the AST Search Integration does not work with Webinator. You need the full Texis engine to use the AST Search Integration.

However, if you have the AST Search Integration already, you can try and modify the template code to work with Webinator, but I haven't tried it, and can't guarantee results.

Just for your information, I worked with the AST group at Vignette for most of a year, and had a lot of exposure to the AST Search Integration. The code isn't that complicated.