Premature end of script headers?

harold

Post by harold »

I'm doing a new install of Webinator on a Red Hat 7.1 machine. I've now got gw working, but when I try to access the cgi, I get a server error. Checking my server log, I get "premature end of script headers? What have I done wrong?

THANKS!

Harold
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Does the error log have any messages from texis or vortex possibly indicating what the problem is?

Most likely is perms. You must ensure that gw and the cgi texis always run as the same user. The install does this by making them both setuid to the same user. Check the ownerships and permissions on both and make sure they are setuid (chmod u+s) to the same user. And make sure that user is not root. Also make sure the database and webinator directories are owned and writable by that user.
harold@dovesystems

Post by harold@dovesystems »

OK! I found the problem!!! I tried the beta on this machine, then did an install of the current version. With all this, it seems we got confuses as to which texis.cgi to run (I have to name it texis.cgi or RH7.x can't find it in the URL). This what WAS there:

-rwsrwxr-x 1 harold harold 3745560 Jun 21 07:25 texis
-rwsrwxr-x 1 harold harold 3745560 Jun 21 07:25 texis.cgi
-rwx--x--x 1 harold harold 4013224 Sep 17 20:39 texis.cgi-old
-rwsrwxr-x 1 harold harold 3745560 Jun 21 07:25 texis.previous

I moved the 9/17 version over to texis.cgi and IT WORKS!!!
-rwx--x--x 1 harold harold 4013224 Sep 17 20:39 texis.cgi

Thanks!

Now I've got a minor problem with gw I have to solve. It seems to be able to index all the sites I want BUT the local one. Here's the line out of my shell script that calls gw. The script is in the webinator/bin directory (along with gw). There are several lines, one for each database to be built.

nice ./gw -v3 -C -d../db/FccRules -x/addlink -x/advertise -x/gov -x/search\/ -x
/violations -x/CiteFind -x/oldfr -x/cache -x/reload -x/new -x/research -x/donati
ons -x/how2use -x/disclaimer -x/showlog -x/other -x/allsearch -x/gov -fpl -fhtml
-fhtm -ftxt -z500000 -t360 -p100000 -rewalk -jhttp://www.hallikainen.d2g.com/~h
arold/RulesSearchPath.html

Here's gw's response:
Rewalking database
200 Database created
Visited 0 pages total
004 No pages retrieved
004 Bad rewalk abandoned.

Again, it works on my OTHER machine, and it works on OTHER site, but not mine! I'm lost!

THANKS!

Harold
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

harold@dovesystems

Post by harold@dovesystems »

THANKS! Don't know how I missed that. Excellent! I also (for some reason) had the initial URL as the parameter on -j . So it would get that page and nothing else. I changed it to -jhttp://www.hallikainen.d2g.com/~harold/ and it seems to be madly indexing away!

Again, THANKS for the help!

Re Webinator 4, I just could not get it to install properly. I have several messages in the beta discussion area regarding the problems that I had. I'm quite happy with webinator 2, so I finally just went back to it. That "going back" is probably what caused me so many problems on this new machine. Also, I had just tarred everything off the old machine and moved it over to the new one. I'm sure that caused problems when I did a re-install. Anyway, it all seems to be working great now!

THANKS!

Harold