coldfusion 7 to coldfusion 9 upgrade broke Webinator 6.1 installation

bietz

Post by bietz »

I have a webinator 6.1 installation on a windows 2003 sp2 server with IIS6. I had the search engine working with my cf 7 installation but when I installed CF 9 I seem to have broken all the links to both the admin page and the search pages show 404 errors page not found errors.

ie http://internalwebsiteurl/texis/webinator/dowalk/

I'd like some clues as to where to look /fix. my virtural dirctories all seem to point to the same locations as before the update.

TIA
Jay
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Perhaps CF inserted itself as a filter at the head of the list and is rejecting texis as unknown to it?
bietz

Post by bietz »

Mark:
Thanks for the reply.

I'm fresh to this application/IIS server - so I'm looking at the ISAPI filter tab and it's blank.. Am I looking at the right place?

I also see that the excuite permissions is scripts only on the Home directory tab.
bietz

Post by bietz »

Not sure this is relivent but I see in task manager 2 monitor services -- only one texis monitor service in Services.

stopping and restarting the texis Monitor and again the two monitor services appear in task manager.
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Also look (in IIS Manager) at the texis virtual dir under the web site -> double-click Handler Mappings -> View Ordered List: I believe ProxyModule (or perhaps TexisISAPI or something similar) should be first: perhaps ColdFusion preempted that? (That's for IIS7, not sure if it's different for IIS6...)

And two monitor *processes* in Task Manager (those are different from *services* in Control Panel -> Services) are normal: one Texis Monitor service process, and one monitor process per recently-used database/profile (there is always one for the default texis/testdb).
bietz

Post by bietz »

Kai:
in IIS6 proxyModule.dll is the first and only entry in the texis properites > virtual directory> configuration > mappings > Wildcard application maps.

Got it on the processes...
Jay
bietz

Post by bietz »

It's working now.

I deleted the two existing virtual dirctories texis and webinator in the default web site - reran the installer webinator-6.1.exe with a modify and it's all working...

Thanks again
Jay