Offline dev

jenkins

Offline dev

Post by jenkins »

I'm working for a organization that is using the paid IIS version of webinator et al. I'd like to work on Vortex scripts and fine-tuning seach results from my laptop (running MS XP and Debian Linux). Will I be able to do this if I download the free Webinator package? Or do I download the full Linux version, and can I do that under their current license? Will the Linux/apache version run offline?

thanks
mark
Site Admin

Offline dev

Post by mark »

An organization may use a copy of their paid webinator product on another machine running the same OS strictly for development and/or backup purposes.

To work on a different OS one would have to purchase an additional platform or use the free version. All free versions must have direct access to the internet (ie be able to reach ls.thunderstone.com on port 80 without a proxy).

Webinator is not tied to any webserver. It will work with any CGI compliant server, so the webserver is not relevant to this discussion.
jenkins

Offline dev

Post by jenkins »

Gotcha (sorry, in my mind IIS == MS). So, just to confirm, the free version will allow me to develop vortex scripts?

thanks
mark
Site Admin

Offline dev

Post by mark »

Yes, as long as you're connected to the internet.