Running two versions of Webinator on the same machine

ptaylor

Post by ptaylor »

I know about creating new profiles within the same Webinator product but I host multiple web sites and want to run a completely separate version on the same machine but in a different web. I have tried another install but only managed to break the existing service(There can be only one TEXIS MONITOR is SERVICES)????????????

Can you please let me know how to do this?

Paul Taylor
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Under Windows, the Webinator install directory is stored in the registry. So there can only be one installed version of Webinator, as all versions will look for their config files in the same place indicated by the registry.

However, even though you can't have completely independent versions, you can use the same Webinator version on multiple sites (on the same host). Install it once, then copy texis.exe from the installed scripts dir to the new one, and also copy the entire wwwroot/webinator directory to the new wwwroot/webinator. You'll need to use different profiles for the different sites, if you want them to be different. Also, all sites will have access to all profiles, since there's still only one install.