users searching their secure content

john208

Post by john208 »

We have the Webinator Professional 5.0.6. We would like users who can login to secure pages with an account and password to be able to find his or her secure pages in the search results, but users who do not have access to those pages would not find those pages in their search results.

There is a "login info" walk setting, but I suspect that the results would be displayed to all users, which we do not want to do. Even if they can't click on those pages, the summary may be too sensitive for public viewing.

How could this be accomplished?

Thanks, John
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

That will be available in an upcoming version. In the meantime the two options would be to either check each result against the users permissions, or don't show the summaries.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
john208

Post by john208 »

How do I check each result against the users permissions? The users permissions are in a sql database. How do I get to that from the search script, and what do I compare it to in the search results?

Thanks, John
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

If you are running on Windows you could use <SQL> to talk via an ODBC driver to the sql database. It really depends on how the permissions are done to know what to compare.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software