is this a bug on creating a new profile as a copy of?

agarcian

Post by agarcian »

I created a new profile as a copy of another and then modified the base url (both use file protocol)making sure also that Stay Under option is set to yes.

When I started the crawl on the new profile (copy from the other) it only crawled the urls of the old (base url) site. It seems that it retains the properties of the original site instead of overwriting with the new base url. This has happened in two occasions.

I had to delete the profile and create it from scratch.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

It doesn't sound familiar. We'll have to try replicating it here. What is your scripts version? (find it on Maintenance->Thunderstone Info)
agarcian

Post by agarcian »

Version: Search Appliance Server Version 5.01.1096570983 20040930 (i686-unknown-linux2.4.9-64-32)

Scripts Version: 5.1.3
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

It would appear that if you pause a walk, copy it, then do the first walk with the copy as a refresh walk it can pickup urls from the hidden pause info which are getting mistakenly copied. If the copied walk has finished or the first walk with the copy is "new" it shouldn't be a problem.

Besides base url, also check the other settings with urls such as url file, single page, extra domains, etc.