Automatic daily rewalk schedule

mitch13

Post by mitch13 »

We have the professional version of Webinator 5.0.6. We have three websites that we have set to walk on a daily basis at a specified hour. Only the first database that was created is automatically walking at the specified time. The other two sites are not automatically walking even though they are also set to walk daily. What is causing this?

Thanks, John
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Not sure. Try unscheduling them all. Then go back and reschedule each one. Make sure you get a successful confirmation message at the top of the page after setting each schedule. After all schedules are set go to the shell (or msdos) prompt and run
INSTALLDIR/texis -LS
(uppercase LS)
and see if all three schedules are listed.

BTW, this group is for questions about the search appliance. Your question was about Webinator. Please post future questions to the appropriate group. Thanks.
john208

Post by john208 »

Haven't tested this, but I have an idea about how this problem occurred. We created our own default profile that we copy for new profiles. Our default has the daily schedule already set up. Most likely copying the default profile did not add the default schedule to your scheduler. The website that works is the one that was created before we created the default profile.

Sorry about posting to the wrong group. When I came to your message board, I clicked on the Recent Posts link, then clicked on the first topic, then click on Start a new topic, without realizing it was in the wrong group. There's not an easy way to start a new topic from the Welcome page or from a search results page. The Welcome page should have a link for Start a new topic and a link for My Posts. It should also let me set my default group in the Edit User Info link. Just a couple of suggestions for your message board.

Thanks, John
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

If you unschedule and reschedule the profile it should get in the scheduler correctly.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Sorry if the usage isn't clear.
The Top page has your recent posts and replies to them, no need for a link (though it's all moot if you're using different accounts). The Top page and search results pages have the list of groups at the top so you can choose the group to post to. The top of every page has the group you are currently in in a gray bar. HTH.