Match Info XML?

leslie.mohn

Match Info XML?

Post by leslie.mohn »

Hello,

We have the search appliance and have written our own page that gets the results, does some extra processing with the result XML that is required, and then presents the results on the page. One of the additional features that we would like to retain is Match Info.

Does Match Info return an XML file like the results do? I tried adding dropXSL=1 to the URL, and it still returned the regular page. If not, then how can I get to that page? I'd like to make some formatting changes, as well as ensure that the search at the top uses my search rather than the out-of-box search.
mark
Site Admin

Match Info XML?

Post by mark »

Currently the context link always returns html. Support for XML will be added in the not too distant future, but the precise time frame is uncertain at the moment.
rjhertzberg

Match Info XML?

Post by rjhertzberg »

Mark -

Can you tell me if this was ever added to the Search Appliance? I see that it was in your plans in 2005 - and it doesn't appear to have been added, but I just wanted to be sure I didn't miss something.

Thanks,
Russell
mark
Site Admin

Match Info XML?

Post by mark »

Looks like you're right. Everything sends xml except the match info. Not sure how that got by but I'll try to get it expedited.
rjhertzberg

Match Info XML?

Post by rjhertzberg »

That would be awesome! We've got things looking pretty good, except when you get to that page :-) When you say expedited, do you have any sort of time frame in mind? Would it be days, weeks, months? Just curious...

Thanks,
Russell
mark
Site Admin

Match Info XML?

Post by mark »

Days, a week or so at most.
mark
Site Admin

Match Info XML?

Post by mark »

FYI, the changes are in and going through QA and production and should be available soon.
rjhertzberg

Match Info XML?

Post by rjhertzberg »

Mark, thanks for the update! We're looking forward to having this as we are moving to production in a few days.

Thank You,
Russell
mark
Site Admin

Match Info XML?

Post by mark »