Addtable

bhiggins

Addtable

Post by bhiggins »

We are moving our existing Texis databases and Vortex scripts to a new, Windows Server 2003 machine. (I'm new to the setup portion of things, having inherited the system and never having to install.)

When I try to run an existing script I get this:

Corrupt next header at 0xC84 in KDBF file e:\texisdata\packrat\SYSTRIG.tbl: Probable 32-bit file; convert to 64-bit via addtable

OK, so I got the documentation on addtable, but before I start messing with it I wanted to ask for any assistance you all might give me on exactly how to go about converting this table (and presumably others).

Thanks!

Bob
mark
Site Admin

Addtable

Post by mark »

Sounds like you previously had a 32 bit version of texis and are now trying to move your data into the 64 bit version.

If your old version has "cpdb.exe" I'd use that to transfer the data from machine to machine. The conversion from 32 to 64 bit will be automatic in that case. See "cpdb" in the manual for how to use.

If you don't have cpdb you need to create a new database on the 64 bit machine and bring over only your data tables, not the SYS tables. Then use addtable -b 32 to convert the 32 bit tables to 64.

In either case, once all the tables are converted you need to recreate all of your indices using normal SQL create index statements.
bhiggins

Addtable

Post by bhiggins »

Excellent. I'll go to work on it.

I have copydb.exe in my previous version. I assume that's the same as the cpdb.exe you mention, yes?

Thanks for the quick response, Mark.

Sincerely,
Bob
mark
Site Admin

Addtable

Post by mark »

No. copydb is something else and won't work for translating between formats.
bhiggins

Addtable

Post by bhiggins »

I used addtable (didn't have cpdb.exe, unfortunately), and it worked just fine. But just ran into another problem. I created a new, empty database, but when I use addtables on the new DB I get, "Login failure in the function permstexis."

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Bob
mark
Site Admin

Addtable

Post by mark »

How did you create the database? There is no password by default when you use creatdb.
bhiggins

Addtable

Post by bhiggins »

Looks like it was created with a password. Can I change that or should I wipe it out and start over? If so, what's the cleanest way to delete a database?

Sorry for all the questions. New area for me. Thanks.
mark
Site Admin

Addtable

Post by mark »

You could futz around to clear the user/password list. But if you don't mind deleting the database it's easier to start over.

rmlocks -f DATABASE
rm -rf DATABASE