ISAPI on WIndows 2003

marcus15

ISAPI on WIndows 2003

Post by marcus15 »

From searching the forum I see that a number of people have had issues with installing the ISAPI on Win 2003

I, too have failed miserably.
Webinator works fine without the ISAPI but we liked it and had successfully installed on a win 2000 Advanced Server and on a Win XP Pro machine with no problems.
But we have tried to install it as part of the install and after the install on two Win 2003 Web servers and we cannot get the filter to run.

Within Web Extensions we have specifically allowed both .exe and the Texis ISAPI but with no joy.

It seems definitely to eb an IIS6 permissions issue but I am baffled.

Any ideas?
mark
Site Admin

ISAPI on WIndows 2003

Post by mark »

IIS6 changed the rules. The only way to make the current ISAPI filter work is to run IIS6 in isolation mode. An updated version that works better with IIS6 is about ready to be released. Probably sometime this week.
mark
Site Admin

ISAPI on WIndows 2003

Post by mark »

p.s.
The current CGI version still works under IIS6. It's just the ISAPI version that doesn't work with IIS6.
marcus15

ISAPI on WIndows 2003

Post by marcus15 »

Thanks for that
I have got the cgi working so I can wait a bit
Kai
Site Admin

ISAPI on WIndows 2003

Post by Kai »

There is a new version of Webinator now available that now includes an ISAPI extension that works with IIS 6. Download the free version from our site if you are using that, otherwise (paid versions) contact Thunderstone for an upgrade.
gburman

ISAPI on WIndows 2003

Post by gburman »

ouch! not only couldn't we get ISAPI to run, uninstalling Webinator (with the idea of trying cgi instead) taking it out seems to have killed SQLMGR (would not start on reboot) so enterprise Mgr is now defunct. Anybody encountered this before? hopefully we don't have to start hacking registry entries to get this sorted out....
jason112
Site Admin

ISAPI on WIndows 2003

Post by jason112 »

CGI is always installed regardless of ISAPI, you wouldn't need to uninstall Webinator or ISAPI to use the CGI interface.

We're not aware of anything uninstalling Webinator could do that would break other programs. Does SQLMGR report any information as to why it didn't start? Any Event Log entries, log files in its install directory, etc?