Vortex Error Accessing search settings

Phill-26

Post by Phill-26 »

Hi,
I'm using Webinator 5 free on Windows XP with Abyss Web server (less than ideal setup I know) and after creating a profile I am receiving a Vortex error telling me: "Texis/Webinator was unable to process the requested URL. "

when clicking on the Profile hyperlink to access walk settings

This is the URL it's generating:

http://127.0.0.1:8001/cgi-bin/texis.exe ... PnwmaHnD15

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phill
jason112
Site Admin

Post by jason112 »

Are there any errors in HTML comments on that page?
Phill-26

Post by Phill-26 »

Texis/Webinator was unable to process the requested URL. <P>
Please ask this site's administrator to check vortex.log for problems.

<!-- 002 /webinator/dowalk/%2B1wwFqAPnwmaHnD15: Cannot open source file: No such file or directory
005 C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts\errorscript: Corrupt object file C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts\errorscript.vtx in the function loadobj
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Somewhere along the line, the plus sign in that URL is being URL-encoded, probably by your web server when it sets the PATH_INFO and/or PATH_TRANSLATED CGI variables for Vortex. This misrepresents the true file path to the Vortex script, resulting in the "Cannot open source file" error.

The CGI specification says that PATH_INFO/PATH_TRANSLATED are to be URL-*de*coded (from the URL), not *en*coded. So that plus-sign should either be left alone or turned into a space, not `%2B'. Your web server's CGI environment is broken.

The "Corrupt object file" error is unrelated; it probably means that errorscript.vtx file was overwritten by something. Delete that file (C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts\errorscript.vtx) and it will automatically re-compile next time.