Custom XSL stops working after upgrade

michel.weber

Post by michel.weber »

Hi

We use custom XSL quite extensively, when i upgraded our test box to the latest version, all profiles with custom XSl stylesheets started generating the fllowing error :

Test search :
XMLException Type is: XMLPlatformException Message is: Could not determine base pathname of the file

018 search4.src:2157: XSLT translator error: 118 <EXEC> command /usr/local/bin/testXSLT returned exit code 253 Reading input document from stdin...

Live search :

XMLException Type is: XMLPlatformException Message is: Could not determine base pathname of the file

I found a work-around :

- reset all profiles to the example XSL
- reload the custom XSL

but it took some time before i found it. This might be dangerous for people who only have a live box.
jason112
Site Admin

Post by jason112 »

The need to re-upload test-mode stylesheets was expected for "Test" searches, and was mentioned in the 6.2.17-4 update.

It shouldn't have happened for Live, though, we'll look in to that.
jason112
Site Admin

Post by jason112 »

I'm unable to duplicate the problem here; live search is staying functional for me across the upgrade.

What were the exact profile name(s) you saw this problem on? Let me know if you'd rather not discuss this publicly and we can take it to a ticket.
michel.weber

Post by michel.weber »

Hi

Sorry i took some time before replying.

It affected most profiles, some of the names are below :

DGAL_AT
DGAL_News2007

the URL below seems not to be affected : DGAL_Assist, but that might of course be because somebody re-uploaded the XSL after the upgrade (this is a test machine with no close follow-up of modifications).
Unfortunately the box is on our Intranet, so you can't have a direct access to it.
For us it is not really a big problem, meanwhile we upgraded one of our production boxes and the problem did not occur.
If you want to investigate further, i'll ask my colleague to open a call and plan a Webex session with you.
john.santangelo

Post by john.santangelo »

Don't mean to hijack this thread but we are also having the same problem. How to fix it? Never changed the XML file.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Download the XSL from the "Custom Live XSL" link on search settings then re-upload it.
john.santangelo

Post by john.santangelo »

Did not do the trick. opened ticket.