2 bugs...

fowlers

2 bugs...

Post by fowlers »

I've noticed 2 bugs -
1. When creating a new profile based off another, the scheduled rewalk time is shown, but doesn't fire until I change the time and update.
i.e - I make a new profile based off of one that has a rewalk type *new* with schedule thursday at 6 pm. The new profile shows in basic or advanced that the schedule exists (not on the profiles page though), but the rewalk never occurs unless I change the time from 6 to something else (afterwhich I change it back to 6)

2. A meta-search profile that includes a same-named profile from another appliance doesn't work.
i.e. - I have a profile named 'P1' that is a meta search profile on search appliance 1. It only includes profile 'P1' on search appliance 2 which is a normal search profile. The search on the 1st appliance never works. As a work-around, I created a Meta-Search on search appliance 2 named 'P2' that only includes 'P1' (from itself). Then, on the 1st appliance, I changed 'P1' (meta-search) to only include 'P2' (meta-search) on the 2nd appliance. After that, it works. So, the work-around was a meta-search profile of a meta-search profile of a normal profile.
mark
Site Admin

2 bugs...

Post by mark »

1. yes. That's known but not fixed. The schedule setting is copied but the schedule isn't set into the scheduler. The workaround is as you discovered, change the schedule then change it back.

2. I see that. It looks like the meta profile is ignoring profiles by the same name as itself in an attempt to prevent recursion. But it's not noticing the different host which it should. The workaround is to not use the same name for a meta profile and a profile it might search.

Why do the double whammy? Why not just use a different name for the main meta profile?
fowlers

2 bugs...

Post by fowlers »

it's a rather large profile that i already had setup on the 2nd box...however, i all of our live stuff was pointed at the 1st box. rather than wait for the crawl to finish for that particular profile, i re-created it as a meta search profile to get things running right away.