Locking showing up on 2 databases

MiniMe

Post by MiniMe »

I'm not quite sure what you are saying.. are you saying I should move the database a directory deeper?? I can only toy with the maint database today due to sales volumes.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Yes. The inodes of the database directories must be different.
MiniMe

Post by MiniMe »

Ok.. what I did was rename the mount point and remount the FS. then I made a new directory and copied the files into there and then deleted the old database. I then created a symlink to replace the old mount point to the new FS directory. All of the inode numbers are different now. I will monitor and see how it behaves.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

You should see separate shared segments for the databases now. The key will be the hex value of the database directory inode number.
MiniMe

Post by MiniMe »

Yes.. that appears to be the case now.. why hasn't this been a problem in the past? We were running on linux for like 2 years now.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Have you always had that setup where the db's were at the mount points of 2 filesystems? Maybe both weren't active at the same time (much). I could imagine how it might function but mainly say a table was locked more often than it was because it was locked in the other db.
MiniMe

Post by MiniMe »

It has been that way all along.. Although we did recently upgrade the software on our SAN. It might have introduced this. None the less it appears to be fixed now.

Thanks