Result Page Ranking

rjhertzberg

Result Page Ranking

Post by rjhertzberg »

What options do we have to influence the page ranking based on the field in which the query term exists?

I would like to ensure that documents that have matching results from the "keywords" field show up at the top of the results, even if that is the only matching criteria for that document.

For example, if I have Document A that has a keyword of "apple" and I have Document B that has "apple" in the document body 5 or 6 times, I would still want the Document A to be ranked higher than Document B.

I modified the order of the index to have keywords as the first part of the index, but it seems that the rank given to the body matches, still outweighs the rank given to the keyword. Is there any way to set the weight given to that keyword match?

Do you have any suggestions for how I might be able to accomplish this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Russell
John
Site Admin

Result Page Ranking

Post by John »

You could try increasing the lead bias, and decreasing the document frequency settings to boost the importance of those results.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
rjhertzberg

Result Page Ranking

Post by rjhertzberg »

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I've already tweaked those settings, but it doesn't move my result high enough in my result set (but does move it). I was hoping that there might have been something else that I could do to "override" the rank importance based on the existence of the term in one of the specific fields (i.e. keywords).

Any other thoughts?

Thank You!
Russell