Retrieving XML from Server with Results Auth

rjhertzberg

Post by rjhertzberg »

I am in the process of writing a PHP script to retrieve XML search results from our Thunderstone appliance. We have results authorization turned on for several of our profiles, requiring the existence of a cookie.

I am using the cURL library in PHP to perform the task of retrieving the XML document from the appliance. I am setting the cookie information needed for the result authorization in the request header (using the curl_setopt function).

The returning XML document comes back with the message stating that external authentication is required. Assuming that I've got my curl syntax set correctly, should this work? Will it use the cookie information I'm passing in the request header to execute the search and perform the results authorization?

If this isn't correct, can you provide any more information/insight as to how I might be able to remotely grab search results?

Thanks in Advance,
Russell
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

You may want to enable debugging of results authorization and check the log. It should indicate if it did not see the desired cookie, or if there was another issue.

It should use the cookie you set in the request header if the syntax is correct. You should also be able to send the cookie as if it was a CGI variable, and it will also be picked up that way.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software