xml changes

fowlers

xml changes

Post by fowlers »

I use the texis/search/main.xml in order for the xsl transform to be applied at the thunderstone box before getting returned to the application requesting the data - now, after the latest round of updates, this no longer works as expected. Instead, it returns the FULL search results in XML with a link to the xsl stylesheet -

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="/xsl/styleshhet.xsl"?>

What is the reason for this change and how can I get it back to "normal?"
fowlers

xml changes

Post by fowlers »

note - I do see that if I go back to the texis/search?pr=someprofile&query=somequery that the data gets loaded up correctly, but the nice thing about using main.xml was that it would "display" as an XML document in the browser (IE or Firefox) and if you looked at the source, it would show the transformed document, not the original with the stylesheet reference.
fowlers

xml changes

Post by fowlers »

forgot to mention that for most of our applications, we transform the XML results to a much smaller XML document - don't ask why, we just do it that way :)
jason112
Site Admin

xml changes

Post by jason112 »

> I use the texis/search/main.xml in order for the xsl
> transform to be applied at the thunderstone box before
> getting returned to the application requesting the data

Just to be sure I understand what you're expecting - you want the HTML data, the results of the transformation, correct?

You can either change the request to "main.html", or add "&dropXSL=html" to your request to get the transformed HTML data instead of raw XML.

This was changed because we considered requesting "main.xml" and getting HTML data back to be a bug (or at least counterintuitive) - if you request .xml, you'll now get xml data (unless you override it with the "dropXSL" parameter).
fowlers

xml changes

Post by fowlers »

Yes - I do want the results of the transformation, but it just so happens that the results are not HTML, but XML as well. IE - the XSL transforms the XML results to another XML document. That's why it was nice to use the main.xml because the browser would interpret the results as XML and not an HTML document.