search issue with special character

Priti Barapatre

Post by Priti Barapatre »

Hi,

we are facing an issue in which the word "Procesní" is used an input query. there is a spcial character "í" in it. I am geeting results from one table where as from another table in which teh data is present I am not getting results in front end. Following are the index expression on tables

fold

|\alnum{1,30}\digit=[\digit\.+]{1,30}[\alnum\x80-\xff]{1,30}>>\alnum=[\alnum+\x5C\x5F\x2D\x26\x23\x40\x2E\x25\x2C\X20]{1,99}\alnum=\x2C\X20{1,30}

file

|\alnum{1,30}\digit=[\digit\.+]{1,30}[\alnum\x80-\xff]{1,30}>>\alnum=[\alnum+\x5C\x5F\x2D\x26\x23\x40\x2E\x25\x2C]{1,99}\alnum=\x2C{1,30}

The difference between the two index is "X20" but that stand for the space character. so can you please explain why it should affect the search pattern.

Regards
Priti
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Is the search occuring in the same script using the same apicp and sql set settings?
Was the locale different when either index was created or during the searches?

\alnum may not match "í" or other accented characters if the locale doesn't define them as alphabetic. You might want to include \x80-\xff where you use \alnum to avoid locale issues.
Priti Barapatre

Hi Mark,

Both Indexes are used in the same script so the settings remain same for both of them. Regarding locale i am not sure as one of the indexes was created long back, so what Can be the solution for this sort of problem.

Regards
Priti
Priti Barapatre

Hi Mark,

I think we have included "alnum\x80-\xff" in the index expression do we need to add itin some other format.

Regards
Priti
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

If you try:

tsql "set indexaccess=1; select * from INDEXNAME where Word matches 'procesn%'"

replacing INDEXNAME with the name of each index what do you get? Save to a file so you can do a hex dump and see exactly which characters are there.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software