Issues with cpdb

haamid.gazi0

Issues with cpdb

Post by haamid.gazi0 »

We have a texis version installed in dev which is 32 bit version. We want to upgrade it to new 64bit version. We were trying to copy our existing database to server on which 64bit texis version is installed using cpdb command. We are facing issue while copying some of the tables and it seems they have blob fields in them. Here is the sample command which we are using

Running cpdb in the destination server

And then running below command on the source server

nohup cpdb -p -r /db/devdb_upgrade/perdb -h destination_server -d sourcedbpath -o cpdb.log > cpdb.out &

while performing the above action only first table is copied partially and the script stops. The particular table does have blob field.

I tried to copy just the table using –t tablename as argument but still got the same result. Whereas when I tried to copy another table test.tbl which doesn’t have any blob fields it got copied properly although the size of table on destination server is more than the original one.

Can you please help us to resolve the issue and let us know if we are doing something wrong?

Thanks and Regards

Haamid
mark
Site Admin

Issues with cpdb

Post by mark »

You may need to dump and reimport. One method would be with "tsql -f, -q" and "timport -csv".
John
Site Admin

Issues with cpdb

Post by John »

Can we give them a newer 32-bit cpdb with bug 1766 fixed? Might that help?
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
mark
Site Admin

Issues with cpdb

Post by mark »

I didn't think that would help since the bug is for windows. The general blob bug is still open.