Error while creating database and indexes

gaurav.shetti

Post by gaurav.shetti »

Hi,
I am getting the following error mess while creating a new database and creating indexes onto it.

error while creating database :
176 2010-01-04 12:46:47 [mount_creation]:107: Table files1_10_0 already exists in data dictionary in the function createdbtbl
000 2010-01-04 12:46:47 [mount_creation]:107: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis

what I understand from this is that the name of that file already exists. but I dont have such a table created.

Error while creating index:
100 2010-01-04 12:46:52 [mount_creation]:114: BTREE Index /libraries/mnt/searchfiler/db/ldblive_10/xfilecounter_files1_10_0 already exists on files1_10_0(id) in the function createindex
000 2010-01-04 12:46:52 [mount_creation]:114: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis

Can you please explain where these index and table have been created.

Regards,
Jitish
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

That indicates it found those tables and indexes in the data dictionary (system catalog) of the current database, so it is more than just a file existing, the database knows about it.

Most likely either you did not set the database where you thought, or the database already existed.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
gaurav.shetti

Post by gaurav.shetti »

How can I check which all tables are present in the data dictionary?
How do I delete the entries in the data dictionary?

Are these error mess just warnings and can be ignored?
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

You can issue the SQL:

SELECT * FROM SYSTABLES;

to see which tables are in the database.

Using DROP TABLE is the normal way to remove them, as that will also remove associated indexes.

If you did not expect the database to have those tables you may want to find out where they came from, so you don't delete valid data.

Whether they are warnings or errors will be for you to decide based on whether you think those tables could exist.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

They are errors in the sense that the requested table or index was not created because one by that name already exists.