Vortex.log file gets huge; table ITEMS_ALL dropped and not recreated

steve.meeks

Post by steve.meeks »

My Vortex.log file gets huge when a table ITEMS_ALL that stores item data is dropped and not recreated.

Vortex.log contains the following. Any ideas what this means or where I can begin to troubleshoot?

002 2010-09-09 01:40:06 texis\scripts\get_data_v2:125: Cannot open Metamorph index token file c:\morph3\texis\database_1\MIX_PARTDESCRIPTION.tok read/write/exclusive: The file exists in the function openwtix
000 2010-09-09 01:40:06 texis\scripts\get_data_v2:125: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

It looks like that `...tok' file was not removed properly for some reason, when the index it was part of was dropped. If the MIX_PARTDESCRIPTION index has been dropped, you can delete that MIX_PARTDESCRIPTION.tok file.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

I don't recognize that table or index so I presume this is your own app and it will be hard to comment on its operation.

From the error message I'd have to guess that there's some permission issue accessing the index file or you
have some running process that hasn't noticed that the table and index have been dropped and are still trying to access them.