Trigger problem

Kai
Site Admin

Trigger problem

Post by Kai »

Does it still fail with `Cannot write stdout' if you add this right after the <script language=vortex>:

<putmsg print off>

Any other errors in vortex.log?
barry.marcus

Trigger problem

Post by barry.marcus »

Yes, I still get the error even with the <putmsg print off> directive. No, there are no other errors in the log. Always just errors like this:

006 2010-10-04 18:48:38 populatelog: (5840) Can't write stdout: Bad file descriptor; exiting

However, the number in parens (in this case "5840") is always different.
mark
Site Admin

Trigger problem

Post by mark »

The number is the process id so it's expected to vary.
Try the simplest possible trigger and supply full paths.

set triggermode=1; create trigger project_insert_T after insert on project FOR EACH ROW SHELL 'c:\morph3\texis.exe -r c:\the\dir\test/main.txt'

And ensure there are no extraneous newlines or other whitespace in the script.

<script language=vortex><a name=main></a></script>

If that doesn't give an error try adding in the needed bits one at a time to find which is causing the problem.
barry.marcus

Trigger problem

Post by barry.marcus »

OK, I can't explain this, but...

Mark, I did what you suggested, starting from the simplest possible code, building up to where I needed the code to ultimately be. What's weird is that I never encountered the error! It works beautifully now! I know that I *MUST* have been doing *SOMETHING* wrong before, but for the life of me I cannot see what it was!?! It's probably staring me right in the face, but for now it's a mystery! But I'm leaving well enough alone and moving on!

Thank you all very much for your help!
John
Site Admin

Trigger problem

Post by John »

Most likely some additional whitespace that was trying to be output that was easy to overlook.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software