Multiple Error messages

sduggan

Multiple Error messages

Post by sduggan »

My version is Webinator 5.1.60-Windows-w/plugin.
It recently has stopped working. It won't bring up any search result. When I list the URLs in the admin tool they are still there. But I'm noticing a bunch of error messages. When I click on the link for a "Test Search" and try to do a search it brings back the following:

(This message is above the form field on the search page)

002 /webinator/search:1825: Can't open KDBF file C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\cms_search\db2\T67864a.dat for reading: error 2: No such file or directory
100 /webinator/search:1825: Could not open index C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\cms_search\db2\T67864a
115 /webinator/search:1825: Query 'node' would require linear search

(and this is below the form field on the page)

118 /webinator/search:2109: <EXEC> command "C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\etc\aspell\bin\aspell" returned exit code 1
"C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\etc\aspell\bin\aspell" errors: Error: The file "C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator/texis/cms_search/db2/aspellDict1" is not in the proper format.

--- When I tried to do a new walk to see if it would resolve itself I get this on the "All walk settings page"

New walk started: 2011-01-19 10:03:28 (by resume)
Abandoning new walk. Cannot generate test query: No usable terms in index xh_TiDsKyMtBy_ViMoDpPp.

--- And I get this on the "Walk Status Page":

Walk started at 2011-01-19 10:03:28 (by resume)
JavaScript walking enabled
HTTPS walking enabled
Start fetching at https://[domain name]/scolcms/all.aspx?_v=items
Ignore urls containing any of the following:
/cgi-bin/
~
/eservice/
/notes/
/mrktng/

2011-01-19 10:03:28 started 1 refresh (13412) on https://[domain name]/scolcms/all.aspx?_v=items

000 C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts/webinator/dowalk(doprimer) 395: Cannot resolve host `[domain name]': Host not found
2011-01-19 10:03:30 started 2 new (20756) on https://[ another domain name]/Forgotpassword/forgotpassword.aspx

000 C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts/webinator/dowalk(doprimer) 395: Cannot resolve host `[domain name]': Host not found
0 pages fetched (0 bytes) from https://[another domain name]/Forgotpassword/forgotpassword.aspx
804 pages fetched (1,315,954 bytes) from https://[domain name]/scolcms/all.aspx?_v=items
7425 pages fetched (834,203,297 bytes) Total
1087 errors Total

Updating search index ...
002 C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts/webinator/dowalk(updatemmindex) 2280: Can't open Metamorph index token file C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\cms_search\db2\T67864a.tok read/write: No such file or directory in the function openwtix

000 C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts/webinator/dowalk(updatemmindex) 2280: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis
Done.
Creating spell-checker dictionaries...Could not create aspell dictionary 1: 118 <EXEC> command "C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\etc\aspell\bin\aspell.exe" returned exit code 3
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Unhandled Error: The word "002" is invalid. The character '0' may not appear at the beginning of a word.

Could not create aspell dictionary 2: 118 <EXEC> command "C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\etc\aspell\bin\aspell.exe" returned exit code 3
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Unhandled Error: The word "002" is invalid. The character '0' may not appear at the beginning of a word.

Done.
Done.
Verifying usability of new walk.

002 C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts/webinator/dowalk(verifynewdb) 5896: Can't open KDBF file C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\cms_search\db2\T67864a.dat for reading: error 2: No such file or directory

002 C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts/webinator/dowalk(verifynewdb) 5896: Unable to open table C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\cms_search\db2\T67864a in the function opendbtbl

115 C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts/webinator/dowalk(verifynewdb) 5896: No such table: xh_TiDsKyMtBy_ViMoDpPp in the database: C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\cms_search\db2\

000 C:\Program Files\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts/webinator/dowalk(verifynewdb) 5896: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis
Abandoning new walk. Cannot generate test query: No usable terms in index xh_TiDsKyMtBy_ViMoDpPp.

Sorry for all the information but I thought it would be useful.
Regards,
Shawn
mark
Site Admin

Multiple Error messages

Post by mark »

Sounds like DNS is not working. So the crawl gets no data. Check that the system's DNS settings are correct and the specified servers can resolve the servers you're trying to walk.

If that's all working try switching "DNS mode" under all walk settings between internal and system (opposite of whatever you have) to see if that fixes it.