Scheduler out of sync

mmongeau

Scheduler out of sync

Post by mmongeau »

We are running Webinator v5.1.88 on Windows with about 275 profiles (it is a technical documentation site). All profiles have a rewalk scheduled once a week. Up until a few weeks ago 'texis -LS' showed all the profile schedules. Today it only shows 10. Querying the testdb SYSSCHEDULE table shows just the 10 profiles.

Any idea what could have happened, and how I can repopulate the SYSSCHEDULE table without having to manually set the rewalk schedule on every profile?

I should add that I initially created the majority of the profiles by copying them from an older server, and I needed help repopulating the schedule database, documented in this thread:

http://thunderstone.master.com/texis/ma ... 4da8bd4f11

It was working fine until new profiles were created in the Administrator, and the previous schedules have disappeared.

Thanks,

Michael Mongeau
Stratus Technologies
mmongeau

Schduler out of sync

Post by mmongeau »

Update: I just edited one of the existing profiles, changed the schedule by 1 hour and saved and now 'texis -LS' shows just that 1 profile. All the previous schedule records have been deleted. That cannot be good.
mark
Site Admin

Scheduler out of sync

Post by mark »

I don't see anything in the code that would cause that.
Check vortex.log to see if any errors were reported around the time you rescheduled the new profile.

Obviously the workaround for now is to use fixSchedule as in the other thread.
mmongeau

Scheduler out of sync

Post by mmongeau »

I checked vortex.log around the time I rescheduled the new profile and it does contain some errors:

002 2011-07-21 15:22:34 Cannot open E:\Apps\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\: no SYSTABLES in the function ddopen
000 2011-07-21 15:22:34 Could not connect to . in the function openntexis
175 2011-07-21 15:22:53 Table sysschedule not found in data dictionary in the function opendbtbl
115 2011-07-21 15:22:53 No such table: sysschedule in the database: E:\Apps\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\testdb\
000 2011-07-21 15:22:53 SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis

I have since run fixSchedule and it repopulated the schedule database. I also created and scheduled a new test profile and it did not delete the existing schedules. So all is fine, for now anyway.

Thank you.