Using session ids

mjacobson

Using session ids

Post by mjacobson »

Is there a way in Vortex to set a session cookie and not a client cookie? I have a Vortex app that runs on one domain and cookies work great for everyone on that domain but I have a couple of groups of people who come in through a BlueCoat proxy that makes my application look to be in a different domain so my cookies break and these uses can't log into the application.

my domain is .intelink.gov
their domain is something like intelink.newdomain.gov

Don't know if this makes any sense or not.
John
Site Admin

Using session ids

Post by John »

That isn't really a session vs a client cookie issue. The difference between the two is whether you specify an expires or not. The client cookie has an expiration in the future, and the session cookie does not specify expiration.

The issue is more if you specify a domain on the cookie. If you specify a domain on the cookie, e.g. .intelink.gov it means that the cookie will be sent to any machine in the domain. If you don't specify a domain it will only go back to the same machine, which may be fine if it's just your application, and then the proxy won't make a difference as it will go back to the same machine.

So removing the domain=".intelink.gov" from your <header cookie> call should work, unless you need that cookie to propagate to other servers.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
mjacobson

Using session ids

Post by mjacobson »

Thanks John