spanish langage interface script

webinator2

Post by webinator2 »

I just upgraded from version 4 to version is of webinator and love it. Have been using it for ten years.

I have about 5 data bases in english that work well, but I have one data base in spanish and had modified the search interface the advanced search dialoge box from english to spanish in version 4.

I still have the script but cannot remember how to name the file, where to put it or how to access it.

the first lines of my custom script are this:

<!-- Webinator 4.1 -->
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=vortex>

<!-- export variables we want to stick across user clicks -->
<EXPORT $query QUERY USEROK><!-- user's query -->
<EXPORT $db QUERY USEROK><!-- walk database -->

thanks

steve
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

The default location for scripts has changed since version 4. The default location for scripts in version 6 in INSTALLDIR/texis/scripts. Whereas scripts were located under the document root in version 4.

I suspect your version 4 search script may not work right on a version 6 database.
webinator2

Post by webinator2 »

Wow, I sure hope it works because it took forever translating each word into spanish!

The standard url for version is is:

[site]/cgi-bin/texis/webinator/search/?pr=default

But the spanish script is in a different directory:

[site]/cgi-bin/texis/webinator/searchspanish/?pr=spanish

I assume you can create this directory then just copy the script into it. But what is the naming syntax of the script. ie the extension .??> etc?

What do you name the script that you put in the "searchspanish" directory and what is the exension?

thanks
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

The directory for you is "webinator" the script files are "search" and "searchspanish". In version 4 they had no extension. In version 6 they have a .vs extension. Texis will automatically compile them upon use and create a .vtx file which you can ignore.
webinator2

Post by webinator2 »

It worked! Thanks! Just reporting back. The special spanish terms I translated for the advanced search is now in spanish! God bless! Happy thanksgiving!