error in dbwalker with postgres table

brittonclair

Post by brittonclair »

Hi, We are connecting dbWalker to a postgres table. We are getting an Internal Server Error during the walk. When we click on "Test" in dbwalker, it shows our key field values listed, but clicking on any of them gives this error:

com.thunderstone.DBWalker.ConfigurationException: SQL Error: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: bigint = character varying

Any ideas? Thanks!

--Britton Powers
jason112
Site Admin

Post by jason112 »

We'd like to get more details about your setup, please submit a support request at https://www.thunderstone.com/tech-support/ and let us know:

* What version of postgres you're using
* the schema for this postgres table
* which field have you set as the keyfield in this DBWalker Config
* a couple example URLs that are showing the 500 error

and we'll help troubleshoot this scenario.
Thanks!
brittonclair

Post by brittonclair »

We tried with postgres 9.2 and 10. We have tried several tests, the latest test table is this:
people
(
lname character varying(20) NOT NULL,
fname character varying(20),
myid integer
)

The key-field specified in DB Walker is the myid field.

FYI - If I make a view that has all these fields from the table but casts the myid field to varchar, then I can point DBWalker to the view instead of the table and use myid as the key. I can also include additional numeric fields and it will read them. I just can't seem to use a numeric field as the key in a dbwalker setup with postgres. I've tried numeric, smallint, integer, and bigint types.