Webinator with DBWalker?

phillipgoff

Webinator with DBWalker?

Post by phillipgoff »

Our organization just installed both Webinator and DBWalker on a Linux server. Is there a straightforward way to get the 2 products to work seamlessly together? That is, having Webinator be the front end and DBWalker be the back end.
jason112
Site Admin

Webinator with DBWalker?

Post by jason112 »

They're designed to work together. DBWalker only provides a html interface to your databases, it doesn't do any "search" on its own. Webinator takes care of that for you, so Webinator will always be the "front end" for any searches that are done.
phillipgoff

Webinator with DBWalker?

Post by phillipgoff »

Thanks Jason. I'm just needing to work out how to stitch them together. I understand that they're designed to work together. I've read that DBWalker is obtained through the System → Update Software menu, but I'm not seeing that in the Webinator System menu. Should we re-start the Linux server to get this to show up?
mark
Site Admin

Webinator with DBWalker?

Post by mark »

"Update Software" is an appliance feature. The DBWalker package is provided with your Webinator download. Installation instructions were provided with the download. You should probably open a tech support ticket using https://www.thunderstone.com/tech-support/