Vignette v/5 Integration - use of an existing DB

wvzwanenberg

Post by wvzwanenberg »

I am currently working on developing a full brown integration of Texis with the v5 e-Business platform from Vignette. Within this environment we currently have a database schema running on MS SQL 7 server that has some 67 odd tables that are being used to store the content that the vignetet system uses to serve up content in our website. My question concerns the need to create our own Texis DB schema that the Texis RDMS uses.

Now, In order to have Thunderstone perform it's searches over our content, it appears to be necessary to have to replicate ALL our existing content into the texis database that is, import it from our existing schema. This is clearly a situation we'd like to avoid if at all possible if only becuase of the difficulty of ensuring that any and all chnages made in our main content database are replicated simulataneously in the texis database.

I understand that it is possible to have texis reference another database schema rather than it's own. If this is the case, could somebody explain how it is done and maybe point me to some documentation on the subject?
bart

Post by bart »

I noticed that we did not answer via the message board. Did you ever get an answer to this question?
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

He had posted the same as a tech ticket at the same time, and that was responded to.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software