Special characters using Texis

joao.cruz

Post by joao.cruz »

I'm having some problems with content inserted in TEXIS db having special chars like ã, ç, etc. Is there any configuration that should be done when we install the Sw? Texis is being integrated with Vignette V/5, through an AST. Could this be from this package provided by Vignette ?? Any help, would be great.

João Cruz
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

What sort of problems are you seeing?

There are a few things you might want to do if you are using such characters. One would be to make sure that you have the locale set correctly when running Texis. Texis will respect the locale in the environment, or you can use the SQL> set locale='my_locale'; to change locale.

The other option would be to edit the settings that are affected manually, which are typically the index expressions, and the wordc and langc sets to include the characters you want.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
joao.cruz

Post by joao.cruz »

Thanks for your answer, only on emore question. How can I edit the settings already installed ??

Joao Cruz
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

All of these settings apply at run-time, and not at install time. I'm not familiar with the Vignette package to know where they would be set in that.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
joao.cruz

Post by joao.cruz »

This doesn't have nothing to do with Vignette package, but with Texis parametrization. What are the commands that I need to give to Texis to change the index expressions ? And also the wordc and langc ?? Where can I find all the different parameters for the 'set locale' function. We're not dealing weel with special characters, besides having OS defined with the appropriate settings. Thanks
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

You can get a list of locales that are installed on your machine with locale -a. You can change the settings by issuing SQL statements, for example

<SQL "set locale='pt'"></SQL>

If that is done you should not need to change the index expressions, or wordc or langc. If you do still need to change those you again use SQL set, e.g.

<SQL "set addexp='[\alnum\x80-\xff]{2,30}'"></SQL>

to include all high bit characters as part of the index expression.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software