LDAP protected pages

ycharreix

LDAP protected pages

Post by ycharreix »

Hi
I have some pages protected by a LDAP authentification, and they don't appear in my DB even if I use the -U and -P arguments in the indexing.
What can I do?
thanks
mark
Site Admin

LDAP protected pages

Post by mark »

-U and -P only apply to HTTP standard authentication. No other methods are supported. You could probably configure your server to allow the walker machine to access the desired pages. Also keep in mind that once a page is in the database, anyone that does a search will be able to view the page content.
d.poole

LDAP protected pages

Post by d.poole »

I have a setup where my staging MS IIS 5 server is non-LDAP, but my live MS IIS5 server is LDAP authenticated.
Only the live server can be viewed via the Internet.
If I can't access the site via Webinator and LDAP authentication, is there any way I can index my staging server but replace the base url in the search results with the base url of my live server?

i.e. Webinator indexes www.staging.org.uk, but all urls are returned as www.live.org.uk/ etc.
d.poole

LDAP protected pages

Post by d.poole »

Actually, it was even easier than this.
We used the sandr function within the vortext script itself to replace one url with another!
mark
Site Admin

LDAP protected pages

Post by mark »

Cool, but you don't say which script. If in search, you're incurring the overhead of the sandr for every hit of every search. Not huge, but something to consider for heavily hit searches. If in dowalk it has to be done carefully and at just the right places so it doesn't get confused about what urls it has walked and not.