000 License violation: License Server Contact

mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

It's a combination of a broken Apache and probably some confusion about the scripts since the upgrade put them in a different place (there should have been a note about that in the install, sorry). There's no chance you're using a unix version on NT. It wouldn't even begin to install. 4.0.5 will not work under Apache for Windows without modification (Apache for Unix is not a problem).

Uninstall all messed up versions.
Verify by hand that all related scripts are gone from all directories.
Install the latest downloaded version.
Download the dowalk 4.1 from the website and replace the one just installed (make sure there's no extension).
Go to the admin interface and login.
If the exec does not work please indicate what is printed for the version info at the top-right of the admin page as well as the last 4 lines of the dowalk file itself.
reclutamiento

Post by reclutamiento »

018 [webinatoradmin=webinatoradmin](dowalk) 888: Can't exec `./c:\ARCHIV~1\APACHE~1\apache\cgi-bin\texis.exe': El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado. in the function doexec
------------------------------
This is what I get. after doing the following

Uninstall all messed up versions.
Verify by hand that all related scripts are gone from all directories.
Install the latest downloaded version.
---------------------------------------
After instalation I see(in the <installed>script/webinator file) a pair do dowalk and a pair of search and one webinatoradmin all of the without extension:
1 dowalk with 138Kbytes
1 dowalk with 213Kbytes
1 search with 44.9Kbytes
1 search with 46.1Kbytes
----------------------
Know, how do I download the dowalk 4.1 of Agust 6, 2002???
Every time I do right click save target as, the explorer does not accept to copy the file without extension. It allways write it up the download as .txt
-------------------------
you said:
as well as the last 4 lines of the dowalk file itself
But how do I opened the dowalk if it does have extension in the first place??

Do you mean this??

Running:
./c:\ARCHIV~1\APACHE~1\apache\cgi-bin\texis.exe -r profile=cvsearch C:\Archivos de programa\Thunderstone Software\Webinator\texis\scripts/Webinator/dowalk/dispatch.txt
Walk Status
Current Profile: cvsearch
----------------------------------
Archivos de programa=programs (I do have spanish Windows)

Apache is located in C: but looks at D:\phpweb for the web space.

cgi-bin of apache is at
c:\ARCHIV~1\APACHE~1\apache\cgi-bin\
Texis is well located there.

Thunderstone is located at C:

D:\phpweb has the other Webinator file, the one instaled en the web space, and where de previuos 4.0.5 used to reside the dowalks and webinatoradmin.

What else info do you need Mark.

Last time you were the one who make my system run with a couple of sugestions on editing de dowalk, but now any of that has work.

Remeber; I have Apache 1.3.22 for Windows 2000 pro Spanish.

Thanks in advance to both of you Kai, and Mark.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Windows is hiding the extensions from you making it impossible to know what's really there. Under Tools->folder options->View turn off "hide file extensions". When saving the newly downloaded scripts just use whatever explorer forces you to use. Then rename the saved file. You can edit a file in notepad regardless of extension. If you double click it will ask what program to use to edit, select notepad. Or bring up notepad and use File->Open and select the desired file.

I want to see the last 4 lines of the file "dowalk" that resides on your disk as viewed by notepad, not it's output as viewed through a webserver via a webbrowser. The very last line will read "</script>" in notepad.
reclutamiento

Post by reclutamiento »

Thanks a Lot. I got it all. Her you have the very last 4 lines of the dowalk:
--------------------------------------
2002-07-26 Version 4.1
2002-07-27 make failed walk update status properly. was calling wrong function
<savefinished> instead of <savefinish> in <savefailure>
2002-07-29 use <vxinfo version>, not $OS, for Windows test: not set in Apache?
2002-08-06 work around potentially broken Apache argv[0] when finding texis
-->
</script>
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Is it working now?
reclutamiento

Post by reclutamiento »

I did the changes as per last instructions, but I have no run yet. I was wating for your input.
Hence I will run inmediately and let you know the results. Thanks.
reclutamiento

Post by reclutamiento »

IT WORKED.... CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND KAI. you work like hell to solve the problem. Now I can live without agony.

I need to send some private information, I will use the private channel of this forum.

Regards
Justino Mora
Venezuelan Internet Recruiter doing research on applications of search engines to CV managment.
reclutamiento

Post by reclutamiento »

Mark. I want to know if your company has some work opportunities for people working in sales in a remote mode or telework.

I am one of the few people, if not, the only one using free webinator in the Venezuelan Market.

Some companies may be interested in the comercial webinator and I want to know if there is a possiblity of getting some comissions on webinators sold to the market in Venezuela or elsewhere.

If that is so, then, I could do more marketing of your product. I am not interested on a regular job. I am interested in getting commisions if products are sold, and in some online training in order to understand further de products.

Please find that out for me trough the Sales people.
Also take a look of my site, www.seleccion.net where I can displays whichever banner you like. You can send this email to the sales people in charge of International sales.

www.seleccion.net is a free site for the public and your engine permitted me to offer a professional look.

There is no other tools in the market comparable with your products, even in the free ones.

I am very much interested in the relationship with you company, and I appreciate very much the customer focus Kai and you give to this forum.

I am directing this letter to you, not because Kai didn`t burn his brain on this, but because you had had a contact with me in the previous past, when I installed for the first time the webinator 4.0.5

Regards
Justino Mora
0416-5480701 Venezuela, South America
Running www.seleccion.net