Insert, Update and Delete content takes too long

joao.cruz

Post by joao.cruz »

I'm having a strange behavior when I'm inserting, updating and deleting content in a TEXIS db. It takes exactly 3 minutes from one operation to another, all the time. It looks like he's trapped on some sort of operation and is released at some sort of timeout operation. Is there any configuration that could be done to optimize all inserts of content on Texis db ?? We have it installed on Win2000 with Portuguese settings. Thanks.
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

3 minutes does not seem like a normal time for Texis operations. Are you using Vortex? You might want to look in both the monitor.log and vortex.log files to see if there are any messages indicating what is happening.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
joao.cruz

Post by joao.cruz »

I've take a look at log files. I was trying to do a Delete command followed by an Insert. On file Monitor.log there were 2 lines, one for each command:

200 Abr 23 12:45:59 Task Database Existence requested stop
200 Abr 23 12:48:59 Task Database Existence requested stop

The log file for vortex.log hasn't any entry for these 2 operations. Does this mean that were not using vortex to insert/delete content ??
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

No, that is simply the database monitor which gets started when you start using the database, and automatically quits after a couple of minutes of inactivity. You aren't using the database over a network drive are you?
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
joao.cruz

Post by joao.cruz »

I have Texis database installed on a different machine than the web server, accessible by http. It´s a little bit strange why the time between the operations is always 3 min, like I said before. Couldn't this be any setting ??
bart

Post by bart »

Is it Full Texis or is it a Webinator?
joao.cruz

Post by joao.cruz »

It's a Full Texis.
bart

Post by bart »

Something is really wrong here. Single record insert times should be measured in microseconds not seconds.

* Try manually inserting a record with TSQL using the -VV option, and watch the time it takes at each step. The offending operation should become obvious.

* Run LTEST on the DB while inserting, and watch for lock status.

* Drop the indexes and re-create them one at a time while performing TSQL -VV inserts at each create step.

* If you still can't figure it out, open a trouble ticket from the tech support link.
hiti

Post by hiti »

Hey Joao

Are u Joao Azevedo?