Search results- newest first

amburnd

Post by amburnd »

I'm not sure of how webinator displays its search results, but sure it's done with an algorithm
of some type. My question - is there a way if a rewalk is done to display the newest search results
first (added links). In other words... if I do a search after the rewalk the new stuff will be on the top.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

The current version of gw only stores the date the document was visited, not the modification date of the document that the server might return. The scripted walker, available on our ftp server, stores the document modification time. If you walk with that, you could change the search script to "order by Visited" to get the desired behavior.
jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Hi, I'm using the full ($) version of webinator and I'm not sure what you mean here by the "scripted walker".

I'd like to be able to search and sort by file modified and/or create date. Will I need to edit the database to do this? I only have limited access to the actual server machine, so if there is a way to do this via vortex scripts that would be great. thanks
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Out of the box Webinator 4 stores the document modification time given by the webserver when fetching the document and provides date ordering options.

If you're still using Webinator 2 (gw), you can upgrade to version 4 or try the a gw compatible walker written vortex, ftp://ftp.thunderstone.com/pub/dowalk_beta