Windows 2000 installation problems

John
Site Admin

Post by John »

You might try removing the texissct.dll file, and that should be automatically recreated. It looks as if you are communicating with ls.thunderstone.com correctly, unless the firewall is changing the data.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
jmc0

Post by jmc0 »

Could you please help me too? I'm having the some kind of problems: I get the same error msgs in "texis.exe" and "gw.exe" as 1-cad, and I get the same msg than 8-haim while executing "geturl http://ls.thundestone.com". But I think I'm still some steps behind the answers above, because the file "texissct.dll" is not found on my server... As I install, it has a series of DOS screens showing up fast, and they look like error messages (I cannot read them, too speedy...), and the final installation screen has no other options than "Exit" button.

Thanks in advance,
jorgemc
haim

Post by haim »

John,

Deleting texissct.dll did not help. I uninstalled and installed and also got some error messages in the console screens. I could'nt catch many of them but one of them was the 000 Cannot get configuration.

Is there any way to install the program fromt he command prompt so that I can trace the error messages?

Haim
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

The texissct.dll file is in the %WinDir%\System32 directory, and may be hidden.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
saitken

Post by saitken »

I had webinator working on my Win 2000 system. I then purchased teh PDF plugin and installed it. I cannot get Webinator to work anymore. What changed?
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Can you tell me the releases of gw that you had initially, and with the PDF plugin? gw -version should tell you.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
davidtg

Post by davidtg »

We had some similar problems with a new Windows 2000 installation. Several tips from this message base were tried but nothing helped. We were attempting to install the 05/15/01 build (texis.exe version 3.01.989939209). GW.exe was giving the error messages related to specific Registry Keys not being present:

100 Could not open key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Thunderstone Software
Cannot contact license server.

Finally we installed an older build (10/30/00, texis.exe v3.01.973012591) and all the errors went away.

I duplicated this error on several different Win2000 systems so is there some problem with this build and Win2000? Other possibility is that it appears GW.exe at install is trying to access its license server; where as the older version this didn't seem to be part of the install routine. Our Firewall software may not be liking this during install, no way to give GW.exe access before it is installed completely, but then maybe GW.exe won't install completely without license server access. Catch-22.

David Grayston.
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

That sounds as if there is a nameserver issue. Windows can have problems resolving names, in which case Webinator can contact the nameserver directly. It can look for the address of the NameServer in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Thunderstone Software. You could copy the NameServer key and value from the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters or nearby if you have multiple ethernet adapters.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
davidtg

Post by davidtg »

I still think there is some problem with the 05/15/2001 release of Webinator. I've installed it on several Win2000 systems and get the same install error each time. The 10/30/2000 release installs and runs without any error on the same systems. We like the program and are in the process of getting the licensed version of Webinator - so I'll be on the phone if these problems continue. - David G.
haim

Post by haim »

How can I download the 10/30/2000 release?