Search results display2

melvint9

Search results display2

Post by melvint9 »

Hello Sir or Maam,

Concerning the results display. . .this is what I'm trying to do: I'm crawling three different "url.lists" with a crawl depth of -D0. Now when I perform my search what I want to be displayed are the first three links of each lists, but when I click on any of the links, instead of the actual page displaying, I want the remainding url links to display. . .is this possible. . .I know this sounds crazy, but my customer wants this and they want to know if this is possible using thunderstone
John
Site Admin

Search results display2

Post by John »

It's certainly possible to do, although as you indicate a little unusual. Would you ever search all lists and bring back a single set of results, not separated into lists? If not you might be better off walking into three separate databases, and searching each, and producing the results. The link could then include which database was searched, and do another search just in that database.

With the full version of Texis you would be able to create a field in the table to indicate which list it came from, or use separate tables in the same database which would be more efficient.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software