Webinator 2.5 (with 'gw')

rluan

Post by rluan »

Can we still be able to download the free version Webinator2.5 because we love the more flexible 'gw' program? If yes, where? Thanks.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Out of curiosity, which features of the gw program do you like best, that are as easy in the scripted walker. One of the reasons for creating a scripted walker was to improve the flexibility.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
rluan

Post by rluan »

I just don't like the admin interface very much and feel like lack of control...I may need some time to get used to it. Thanks.

Sorry, I think we are talking about two different things...you mean the script dowalk. No doubt it provides higher level of flexibility, I think, and I will take some time to learn how to use it. Thanks.
rluan

Post by rluan »

To continue the original dicussion why I don't like dowalk admin interface as much as 'gw' (at least for now), the problem I have with 'dowalk' is that it requirs a Web Server to run a 'crawl', not like 'gw' which does not require one. Am I right, or can I run 'dowalk' in the way I run 'gw'?
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

There are a couple of options. Once all the options are setup in the database you can just run the dowalk script from the command line.

Alternatively there is a gw program which is still the same as version 2.5, and also has a mode to create new version 4 databases.

You might want to check out:

http://www.thunderstone.com/texis/site/ ... er+by+Hand

which explains both options.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
rluan

Post by rluan »

Thanks for the information, and it helps. As I said, I will need some time to learn and get used to the new version (since the old version is gone and gw will probably be removed too).