CGI Error

niklaus.haldimann

CGI Error

Post by niklaus.haldimann »

hi there

i have installed webinator free version on a Win2k/IIS setup, but i am unable to start the administrative interface over the web. i am getting a 500 CGI Error. vortex.log or monitor.log do not show any error messages. gw.exe and texis.exe seem to run fine from the command line.

the permissions on the directories are set correctly. i have successfully set up webinator commercial version on two other servers before. i don't see any obvious differences between those setups and this one.

any ideas? should i be looking for error messages somewhere else?

thanks & cheers,
nik
John
Site Admin

CGI Error

Post by John »

That is most likely a permission problem of some kind. Did you install Webinator as an administrator? If you run "monitor -k" and then "monitor -R" as administrator it should install the Texis monitor as a service, so it will run as the Local System account, rather than the anonymous account that IIS uses.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
niklaus.haldimann

CGI Error

i do have administrator privileges. as far as i can tell the monitor service is running fine.

meanwhile i have been able to install webinator on the live server of the website in question, so this issue isn't of high importance anymore. it's still a bit annoying that we can't test on the stage server, though.

thanks,
nik
mark
Site Admin

CGI Error

Post by mark »

DId you try those suggestions though? It may be running but as the wrong user.
niklaus.haldimann

CGI Error

$ monitor -k
000 Could not open event

$ monitor -R
100 Service already exists in the function RegService

any suggestions as to what that means?

cheers,
nik
John
Site Admin

CGI Error

Post by John »

The 000 Could not open event indicates the the service was not already running, and has already been registered. Are you able from the service controller to start the Texis Monitor service?
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
niklaus.haldimann

CGI Error

the service controller shows the monitor as "started" and i can restart it. but that doesn't make any difference. still getting the 500 on the administrative interface.