Installation problem

chand012

Installation problem

Post by chand012 »

I installed version 4 of Texis on our Sparc-Solaris server. Texis worked fine, but my old Webinator search scritps did not. I thought they would continue to work without modification. Did I miss something in the upgrade notes or readme?

Thanks,
David
mark
Site Admin

Installation problem

Post by mark »

They should generally work. In what way did they not?
Try viewing the source of a search results page and look for errors/warnings within html comments.
chand012

Installation problem

Post by chand012 »

The error occurred at the line where main query is executed. The script itself runs, but all searches showed no results.

100 Jul 25 18:12:37 /webinator/search:484: Call failed length in the function Evaluate
chand012

Installation problem

Post by chand012 »

Another question: can I upgrade Texis without upgrading Webinator? It appears you can tweak the install script to do that. However, I would like to be able to upgrade Webinator later without having to upgrade Texis again.
chand012

Installation problem

Post by chand012 »

OK, I upgraded Texis w/o Webinator on my development server and it worked fine, except that I had to chown morph3/texis/testdb/SYSSCHEDULE.tbl to the user running Texis. This may be because I am running the install as root.
mark
Site Admin

Installation problem

Post by mark »

Yes, the install is supposed to be run as the DBA or the installation will ask for the account name of the DBA when installing as root so that it can make the programs setuid to the DBA.

As long as you have a recent Texis upgrading webinator is mostly a matter of installing new scripts which can be found in the webinator directory under your installation directory.
chand012

Installation problem

Post by chand012 »

I am still having this problem with my Webinator search script:

<!-- 100 /webinator/search:484: Call failed length in the function Evaluate -->

Line 484 is:

<SQL ROW SKIP=$jump MAX=10
"select 'http://' + Url Url, Depth, Title, Body, length(Body) Size,
id, $$rank r
from html
where Title\Meta\Body likep $q
and Title like $tq
and Url matches $uq
and Depth <= $dq
">

which I assume is unchanged from the default 2.x script.

Here's the output with TRACESQL turned on:

<!-- 202 /webinator/search:476: select 1 x from SYSDUMMY where `information' = '' and `' = ''; -->
<!-- 202 /webinator/search:305: set likeprows=200; -->
<!-- 202 /webinator/search:309: set likepallmatch=1; -->
<!-- 202 /webinator/search:485: select 'http://' + Url Url, Depth, Title, Body, length(Body) Size, id, $rank r from html where Title\Meta\Body likep `information' and Title like [no arg] and Url matches [no arg] and Depth <= [no arg] ; -->
<!-- 100 /webinator/search:485: Call failed length in the function Evaluate -->
mark
Site Admin

Installation problem

Post by mark »

Try changing
length(Body)
to
length(convert(Body, 'varchar' ))
chand012

Installation problem

Post by chand012 »

That worked. Thanks!
chand012

Installation problem

Post by chand012 »

One last thing. I'd like to confirm that our old gw scripts will continue to work without modification. As I said, we'll probably upgrade Webinator later, but want to get Texis dbs going first.