Installation problem

mark
Site Admin

Installation problem

Post by mark »

Texis does the searches of the webinator database, so there's not really a half upgrade except for not switching search scripts and using the webinator 4 style database and dowalk instead of gw.

The new gw that came with your new texis should behave the same as the old one though. You should not mix versions of the binary programs (tsql, texis, gw, etc). Use all from the same distribution.
webmaster1922

Installation problem

Post by webmaster1922 »

I am having problem during installing webinator.
"An error occurred during the move data process :-132"

Component :
File Group :
File :

Thank you.
John
Site Admin

Installation problem

Post by John »

The most common reason for install problems on Windows are permissions. If any of the files are in use, for example if you already have Webinator installed, it can not write over the top of them. Make sure the previous version is either uninstalled, or completely stopped before installing a new version. Also make sure you have permission to write to the directories you specify.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
ipapes

Installation problem

Post by ipapes »

Hi John,

I am trying to install Webinator on AIX 4.2.
After I downloaded the webinator-4.2.tar.gz file, I am using following command to extract and run the installation:

$ gunzip <webinator-4.2.tar.gz | tar xvf - sh ./install
$
(as per installation instructions)

The command got terminated without running the installation or without retuning any error message. I noticed that the destination path for installation (/usr/local) has root privileges. Does installation fails because of inadequate privilege on usr/local directory? It is possible to change the default installation path to somewhere else?

It is any recommended schema for user privileges?

Thanks
Ivan
mark
Site Admin

Installation problem

Post by mark »

The proper sequence is 2 separate steps:
gunzip <webinator-4.2.tar.gz | tar xvf -
sh ./install
It will ask where to install.

The biggest problem you will probably have though is that you downloaded webinator for AIX 4.3 (that's the only AIX version available on the download page). It probably won't work right on AIX 4.2.
John
Site Admin

Installation problem

Post by John »

The install should be a separate command:

$ gunzip < webinator-4.2.tar.gz | tar xvf -
$ sh ./install

Note also that Webinator is supported on AIX 4.3 and higher. It may not work on AIX 4.2.

You must have write permission to create and install to the directory you specify during installation.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software