888: Can't exec `./c:\ARCHIV~1\

reclutamiento

Post by reclutamiento »

018 [webinatoradmin=webinatoradmin](dowalk)
888: Can't exec `./c:\ARCHIV~1\APACHE~1\apache\cgi-bin\texis.exe':
The System cannot find the specified file. in the function doexec
---------------------------------------------------
I had installed Webinator 4.05 for Windows and it worked without any problem. I did update to 4.1 and I am unable to index.

I am able to get to the administrator interface, but when I attemp to run the above error appears. Also in the administrator inteface is reading "Webinator 4.1-Unix-wo/plugin" to my surprise.

I did download the windows version but it appears that the system recongnizes as as UNIX.

¿What should I do?

I must confess that I had problems installing the new 4.1 onto the 4.0.5. At the end I had to uninstall the 4.0.5 in order to installed 4.1. I did that because somewhere in this board I read that the new version will always updated automatically the old one.

At some point I uninstalled the new 4.1 and erase every traced of the old 4.0.5. Then I had to reverse the operation for the file "webinator" contained within the web space, in my case D:>phpweb
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

This issue is related to running an Apache web server, which doesn't set an environment variable that Webinator expects. Download new dowalk and webinatoradmin scripts from http://www.thunderstone.com/texis/site/ ... ample.html and use them to replace the copies in your Texis\Scripts directory in the install directory.
pete.willis

Post by pete.willis »

I am also getting the same error msg after updating from 4.05 to 4.1.

I Have updated to the latest dowalk and webinatoradmin scripts as suggested.

the error msg is

018 [webinatoradmin=webinatoradmin](dowalk) 888: Can't exec `./c:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\apache\cgi-bin\texis.exe': The system cannot find the file specified. in the function doexec

this happens when doing a Start Walk.

I am running Apache on Windows 2000 Server
Kai
Site Admin

Post by Kai »

Make sure to copy the dowalk and webinatoradmin scripts to <installdir>\Texis\Scripts\Webinator, not InetPub\wwroot\Webinator. The scripts dir has changed in Webinator 4.1 to the former (even though the latter might also have dowalk.vtx).