Webinator setup problems

d.chandek.stark

Webinator setup problems

Post by d.chandek.stark »

After putting in the password for the admin account, I get a series of errors at the next profiles screen:

Creating tables in control database /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb .
002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 951: Can't create exclusive KDBF file /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/html.tbl for writing: error 17: File exists 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 951: Unable to open table html in the function createdbtbl 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 951: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 965: Can't create exclusive KDBF file /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/refs.tbl for writing: error 17: File exists 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 965: Unable to open table refs in the function createdbtbl 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 965: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 966: Can't create exclusive KDBF file /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/error.tbl for writing: error 17: File exists 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 966: Unable to open table error in the function createdbtbl 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 966: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 967: Can't create exclusive KDBF file /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/todo.tbl for writing: error 17: File exists 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 967: Unable to open table todo in the function createdbtbl 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 967: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 968: Can't create exclusive KDBF file /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/categories.tbl for writing: error 17: File exists 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 968: Unable to open table categories in the function createdbtbl 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 968: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 969: Can't create exclusive KDBF file /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/counts.tbl for writing: error 17: File exists 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 969: Unable to open table counts in the function createdbtbl 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 969: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 970: Can't create exclusive KDBF file /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/options.tbl for writing: error 17: File exists 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 970: Unable to open table options in the function createdbtbl 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 970: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 972: Can't create exclusive KDBF file /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/querylog.tbl for writing: error 17: File exists 002 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 972: Unable to open table querylog in the function createdbtbl 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 972: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 100 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 976: File already exists /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/xhtmlurl.btr in the function openbind 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 976: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 100 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 980: File already exists /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/xhtmlid.btr in the function openbind 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 980: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 100 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 981: File already exists /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/xhtmlhash.btr in the function openbind 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 981: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 100 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 982: File already exists /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/xerrorurl.btr in the function openbind 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 982: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 100 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 983: File already exists /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/xtodourl.btr in the function openbind 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 983: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 100 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 984: File already exists /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/xcatno.btr in the function openbind 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 984: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 985: Insufficient permissions on counts in the function ipreparetree 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 985: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 986: Insufficient permissions on counts in the function ipreparetree 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 986: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 100 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 987: File already exists /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/xoptname.btr in the function openbind 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 987: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 100 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 990: File already exists /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/xoptstr.btr in the function openbind 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 990: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis 100 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 992: File already exists /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb/xqueryid.btr in the function openbind 000 /webinator/dowalk(maketables) 992: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis
----------------------------------------------
000 [webinatoradmin=webinatoradmin](selectwalk) 2210: Insufficient permissions on options in the function ipreparetree 000 [webinatoradmin=webinatoradmin](selectwalk) 2210: SQLPrepare() failed with -1 in the function prepntexis

This last part under the dotted lines reoccurs every time I try to list the existing profiles. I checked the Unix permissions, but don't see a problem there. Also tried granting the admin account "all" on the options table--no luck.

This is Webinator 4.0.5 on Texis 4.00.1020139637. We are currently running Webinator 2.x databases.
mark
Site Admin

Webinator setup problems

Post by mark »

You can't mix webinator 2.5 and webinator 4 databases. If you're not using database testdb for anything else you should rename or delete it before installing version 4. Otherwise you should install version 4 in a different location.

Make sure you install as the same non-root user that owns the webinator 2.5 databases.
d.chandek.stark

Webinator setup problems

OK. Since we use the Texis RDBMS, we are using testdb, right? It contains the SYSLIB table, etc. (I assume you mean /usr/local/morph3/texis/testdb, not /usr/local/morph3/webinator/testdb.)

So, since I installed Webinator 4 together with the upgrade to Texis 4, I guess I need to reinstall Webinator? If I have to do that, can I obtain and install Webinator 4.1 to take advantage of the new features? Finally, if I install Webinator 4 to a different location, can I still use my Webinator 2.5 databases while I build and test the new versions?
mark
Site Admin

Webinator setup problems

Post by mark »

From the upgrade notes included in the distribution:

Webinator 4 databases are not compatible with Webinator 2 databases.
You may continue to use your Webinator 2 search script and database
with the Texis that comes with Webinator 4, but you should read the
upgrade notes below. Webinator 4 scripts will not work with the old
databases. Walk(s) will have to be redone to new database(s).
Webinator 4 has an option to import settings from Webinator 2
databases. The Webinator 2 "gw" program is included with Webinator 4
for those familiar with Webinator 2. gw will probably not be developed
further. The Webinator 4 scripts cannot be run by the old texis that
came with Webinator 2. Webinator 4 requires Texis released after Nov 1 2001.

- - - - Installing Webinator 4 with a pre-existing Texis Installation - - - -

The preferred solution is to have only one copy of Webinator or
Texis installed on a machine, since Texis includes and supercedes
Webinator. However, it may be possible in some circumstances to
install in parallel with a pre-existing Texis installation. This
should be attempted only for temporary or beta testing purposes,
and not on a production server.

To install in parallel, choose an alternate installation directory
when prompted during the install. Also choose to not replace your
CGI's texis if so prompted: Webinator 4 will then install "texis-tmp"
in your CGI directory, leaving the live "texis" alone. When done
testing, "texis-tmp" should be removed.
d.chandek.stark

Webinator setup problems

I'm not sure we're on the same page here. I have installed the full version of Texis 4.x, which also installed Webinator 4.0.5. However, I am unable to create new walks with the new Webinator due to the errors I sent in my first message. I'm not sure what you're telling me I need to do at this point.
d.chandek.stark

Webinator setup problems

Evidently, I have to set some database permissions on the options table in morph3/texis/testdb. During the Texis upgrade the initial Webinator 4 administrator setup failed, but I ignored it because I didn't want to mess with that at the time anyway. I tried grating all to PUBLIC on options and things appear to work (better) now.
d.chandek.stark

Webinator setup problems

Can you give me a list of the correct table permissions for user PUBLIC (and other non-_SYSTEM users) in the morph3/texis/testdb database?
mark
Site Admin

Webinator setup problems

Post by mark »

The default is wide open to PUBLIC for all non-SYS tables.
"grant all on html to PUBLIC" etc.