Running the .exe

b_b

Running the .exe

Post by b_b »

I have downloaded the package (webinator-4.2.exe), and when I try to execute, it starts to extract and then just stops. No files are created and the whole process takes 3 seconds. Where should I find the extracted files?
b_b

Running the .exe

Post by b_b »

and...it appears to be missing the "authenicode signature". Where is that found? Where does it go?
John
Site Admin

Running the .exe

Post by John »

There is not an authenticode signature on it. It should start the setup program when it is done unpacking. Did you maybe not get the entire file, or ftp it in ASCII mode? The file should be 19,424,563 bytes.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
b_b

Running the .exe

Post by b_b »

Thanks for the initial help John.
Using IE 5.0, I right click and "save as" to my desktop.
This was the second time to download the file.
The file size is 19,424,563 bytes (same as orginal).
When I run it, it starts to extract and the the hour glass appears and then nothing. We are using a Win2k Adv Svr, SP3, Pentium 4 1.7, 30G free on C:

Is there a place for me to FTP from the cmd line? Any other ideas?

Many thanks,
John
Site Admin

Running the .exe

Post by John »

John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
b_b

Running the .exe

Post by b_b »

I FTPd the new file, thx...however...
The last thing I see in the unpacking is something_user.hdr..I think, it all moves so quickly.
When I check the task mgr, you can tell it has started doing something even though it appears to be getting hung up. In the process tab "webinator-4.2.e" (Mem Usage 1272k) is running, but no CPU time is being allocated to it. The same with "Setup.exe" (Mem Usage: 924k). I feel like we're getting closer! Could it be a setting on the machine, something that I am unaware?
John
Site Admin

Running the .exe

Post by John »

After the _user1.hdr goes by, does the unpack window disappear? After that the setup window should appear. I am not aware of any settings that might cause that. If there are it is likely to be some sort of permission problem.

I did ftp up an unpacked install to ftp://ftp.thunderstone.com/pub/people/b ... /webinator which you can download to a temporary directory, and try and run the setup yourself without the unpacker being involved.
John Turnbull
Thunderstone Software
b_b

Running the .exe

Post by b_b »

When in doubt, reboot. It appears to have installed correctly. Now let's see if I can find some more questions to ask.

Thanks John for your help.